Monday 4 January 2010

A fresh start!


I thought I would document my allotment plot 28E which I have waited nearly 4 years to get. I am an allotmenteer at The Victory Gardens Allotments in Rawdon. I got my plot along with a number of others in June of 2009 when Victory Gardens Allotments reclaimed land that had been once allotments but then had been a school playing field (the school having moved. A very strange sight of multiple plots developed from scratch. As a group we hired a turf stripper and that Saturday was a real bonding session. on the other side of the path the seasoned plots where there to provide inspiration and with the help of Tony and Phil our fantasic seceretary I had by July most of my first beds in and crops growing. Sadly illness slowed things down in August and September. But with a new Year and new energy really looking forward to a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment